Year 10 subject selection
In Year 10, students must complete four compulsory subjects and two electives each semester:
- Year 10 Maths or Numeracy
- Year 10 English/ESL or Literacy
- Year 10 Science
- Year 10 History (one semester)
- Stage 1 Personal Learning Plan (one semester)
- Two electives (either Year 10 or Stage 1 courses where appropriate).
Students interested in Vocational Education and Training courses are encouraged to commence these courses or School Based Apprencticeships when they are in Year 11.
Selecting appropriate subjects can be a very difficult task and it is also recommended that students discuss possible course selection with their parents, current teachers and year level coordinators before making final decisions.
Students are encouraged to keep their options open enough to avail themselves of courses and career alternatives. As is often the case, if students do not have a career in mind they should choose subjects that they are good at, interested in and enjoy doing.